Sunday 19 April 2015

Taper week has begun and my bike has gone :(

This is it, the last week before Europeans. Last week was tough training wise and I am looking forward to my rest day tomorrow. I have been on the torturous sweat machine (Watt Bike) far too much this week! Friday night wasn't your normal Friday evening; it consisted of many mini Duathlons (partly in the dark)  with my coach Dan Sims. The main focus was practising my transitions (you can make up a lot of time with a smooth transition in a race). They are finally getting smoother, though there was a humorous moment where I lost my cycle shoe just before descending down the steep Pixet Hill.

Yesterday was a mock race and today was a swift 10k run. Legs were pretty tired though and I didn't make all the splits :(

Aside from training, this weekend I've been getting to know my bike; giving it a good clean and hugging it in bubble wrap ready for the pick up today.
Van Chaos!
 
 
 
 
I am also gearing up for the triathlon season to come. I have a bit of a fear of swimming in open water which I plan to conquer.   My wet suit arrived, first impressions it is tight, hot and hard to take on and off. Hopefully this means it will keep me warm. So I had a trying on session and tested it in the garden lake...


 
Mango doesn't look impressed!


 

 
Now what to do with very little training this week....
The plan eat well, sleep well and keep the legs ticking over!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment